Placement Test Now Online!
Steps to Join the Italian Placement Test Webpage
- Log into Sakai using your Rutgers NetID.
- In the left pane, click "Membership" (NOT "course membership").
- On top, click "Joinable Sites." A list of joinable sites will open.
- In the search box on the top right, type "Italian Placement Exam" and click "Search."
- Click "Join" under "Italian Placement Exam." A confirmation appears: "You are now a participant of the Italian Placement Exam."
- Click "Home." The "Italian Placement Exam" Sakai site will appear among the course sites on top of the page. (Click "Sites" on top if it is not visible.)
- Click on "Italian Placement Exam" on the top of the Sakai web page.
- In the left panel, select "Tests & Quizzes."
- Click on the blue link "Italian Placement Exam."
- Complete the test following the instructions.
- At the end, click "Submit for Grading." Your scores will be sent to the department.
Italian Placement Test Information (Rutgers - New Brunswick)
Q: Am I eligible to take this test?
A: When reading through eligibility criteria, keep the following definition in mind:
"Definition of heritage and/or Native speaker: "A native or heritage speaker of Italian i s a person who has been exposed to Italian from 0-5 years old and in whose household Italian was spoken."
If you are eligible to take the placement test... (please continue)
- You are not a heritage speaker of Italian AND you have taken 2 years or more of Italian in High School
- You are a heritage speaker of Italian AND you have not taken any courses nor transferred credits
- You are a native speaker of Italian
If you are not eligible to take the placement test... (please stop)
- You have NOT taken any course in Italian and you are not a heritage nor a native speaker
- You took courses in Italian at the college level AND you have transferred credits to Rutgers
Elements of the Placement Exam Include:
30 questions - Listening Comprehension
20 questions - Grammar
20 questions - Reading Comprehension
Please direct any questions to:
Carmela Scala, Director of the Italian Language Program
Address: AB 5100 - 15 Seminary Place, Room 5110